Friday, January 26, 2007

Time to move on

Well, today it was announced internally that, on March 30th, I would leaving my job after 23 years working with the same company. I have been extraordinarily fortunate to have worked for a great company and privileged to have worked with such great people both inside and out. I have had a fantastic career that will enable me now to work for myself. The company has changed beyond recognition, been bought and then been sold and as such it is time to move on. I always said on my blog that I would not write about work, so apologies for this slip. But I thought it warranted a mention.

As I say, more time now to focus on Rotterdam....and more time to blog!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey its been a pleasure knowing you professionally first and personally later. Looking forward to catching up with you. Best wishes for the future.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ian,

It was great working with u, I think all my colleagues at NGPL will agree with me that interacting with you was one of the best experiences in international licensing that we have had. We will miss u, maybe now you can make the long awaited trip to India :-), Looking forward to meeting you, best of luck for the future....Amit

Bedders said...

thanks for the kind words guys. I will be officially letting everyone know tomorrow - but I thought I would give my blog the exclusive.

And you are right and I am overdue a trip to India. Let's get that one sorted.