Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Looking for a positive sign

If I can get my weight down to what it was when I met Mrs B all those years ago, and therefore run a decent marathon time in April, I have to loose 8kg.

So, two days, no booze, not even a sniff of a glass of wine and my weight goes up. Am I doing something wrong? Not that I expected my weight to drop instantly but come on, there has to be at least a small benefit to having to look at my bottles of Christmas presents rather than drinking them? I'll give it 5 more days, so a week in total and if there is no difference then I might as well enjoy a glass or two at the weekend. No point in being over weight and miserable with it is there.

Remarkably still keeping up the marathon schedule and Sweatshop in Reading have, according to Granny B who went in on my behalf, offered to order me a new Garmin 305 which comes in this week.

3 comments:

@GirishMallya said...

Keep the faith. Depriving yourself some wine over the weekend, will not do any good to your mental health....
Till the time your training is gone fine, I don't think you need to worry about other numbers....

beanz said...

oh come on, you know that your weight varies from day to day - give it a week - and make sure you are weighing at the same time

but a glass of wine or two is ok - as girish says, no point in being miserable

Anonymous said...

Yes I know. I guess I am just impatient but I am determined to give it a week at least.

That is the point - if I could drink just one glass a night then I would not be doing this but once I start, one glass becomes two, becomes three etc...