Sunday, January 14, 2007

25km today with other Rotterdamer's

I feel as if I have run around half of south Holland. But the organisers of the Rotterdam marathon have a series of training runs set up once a month in different parts of Holland. Great idea as over 1,000 runners turned up today. Today was the 25km run and they have pacers running groups from 4:00/km and every 15 secs to 7:00 mins/km. I ran in the 5:30 group so no surprise that I finished in around 2:16. Next one is Feb 11th when the distance is 30km. It is really good idea and I was not surprised to see so many people. Someone is making some cash however as it cost Euro 6 per person (OK there were three drink stops and a piece of fruit at the end)

My injury was fine. Until I stopped when it hurt again. I suppose it is better to have an injury that hurts after the run that during.

Step down week this week which is a relief as I am in Asia from Tuesday for a week.

4 comments:

beanz said...

sounds like a good way to train

hope you can get ice for your injury in Asia

Anonymous said...

it really is. I am not sure if they do it in the UK but it was a great day.

I'll ice it up till I go then just rest I think.

Sara said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog. It's giving me renewed enthusiasm knowing that there are other runners out there. Your training run sounds great. I'll be back to read more after the kids are in bed!

@GirishMallya said...

Its so wonderful to have these training runs. We barely have 3000 full marathon participants for the Mumbai marathon (from all over India). So if you try to organise something similar in Bombay, it would be difficult to attract 20 people!!