Monday, September 25, 2006

Running again

After enough numb bums for a life time I went out tonight for a run to test my calf. Anyone who has run after an injury knows that the first run back is like treading on egg shells - you are feeling all sorts of pains and trying only to find those pains that are familiar - and not the pain that lead you to have the rest in the first place. But running is so more relaxing than biking. No one to worry about running over for one.

Anyway, 6km and relatively pain free. Whether I will be in any shape to run Amsterdam is another matter. Travelling back to UK this week so will try a 10km tomorrow as I simply cannot face another hotel treadmill experience so I must get my weekly mileage in before Wednesday.

BTW well done RFC v Man Utd on Saturday. Fantastic result.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely understand your state of mind. Sometimes the bigger issue is that even after its actually healed one tends to imagine that its still there, and its difficult to be sure if its imaginary or actually there!!