Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Life on the ocean waves


After my 6km run yesterday under severe jet lag conditions I can confirm that indeed I have pulled my left calf muscle. It all started on the running machine at the JW Marriott in Asia - and while I thought I could run it off yesterday I wasn't able to. So a week of enforced rest with 4 weeks to go to Amsterdam. It's going to be close to get ready for my record breaking run. Oh well, at least it's not a marathon training schedule that has gone up the spout which would be very depressing.


So I can't join my running club tonight for the first time (maybe a blessing in disguise). While that will have to wait, pics of me on Sunday on the boat we hired for a day in Thailand (tagged onto the end
of a business trip) can be posted.

Also I experienced a first on my trip home on KLM. Just as I and the rest of the passengers were getting their head down to go to sleep a lady a few rows away started shouting and screaming. All quite scary. Air hostesses ran out from where ever they were expecting a disaster to unfold in front of them when the lady in question woke up and apologised profusely .......she was having a nightmare. I must confess to waking up after having a nightmare on a plane, but can't recall waking up all the other passengers. As I say - it was quite scary. And very embarassing for the poor girl.

2 comments:

beanz said...

sorry you are injured

take care

scary indeed on the plane.

Anonymous said...

You forgot my b-day!!!!!!!!! :-(
kt