Tuesday, October 03, 2006

All is not well

Too much travelling on business, a common cold and the niggly little calf injury that refuses to go away means that it has been a bit quiet on the Bedders running front over the last week. The Amsterdam half that I had such high hopes for is now a case of just trying to finish in a half decent time. Frankly if I can get under 1:50 I'll be pleased which is about 5 mins more than I had planned for.

What annoys me most is that there is no real reason why I should have this injury - maybe it's just my legs are fed up with running and want a rest. Last weekend I managed a 11km and a 10 km and found that yesterday back came the calf problem.

I'll go out tonight and give it a go for 8km - if all fails I 'll just stop running until Amsterdam (10 days away) and pretend it's a planned-for taper.

4 comments:

beanz said...

((bedders))

sorry your calf is misbehaving - is it worth a trip to a phyzz?

and of course oyu must taper

just enjoy the day when it comes

Anonymous said...

I would suggest the same, just do some light runs and just wait for something special to happen on the D day, you might just surprise yourself. Best wishes....

beanz said...

ps my V69 running partner has just told me he plans to do the 10k at Amsterdam - watch out for an oldish chap, with a bit of a shuffle and possibly an arm in a sling!

Anonymous said...

beanz - nice one! I'll be at the start as Mrs. B is doing the 10 so I'll look out. You didn't fancy a w/e in Amsterdam then?