Saturday, October 07, 2006

Running 571km burns up 68.900 calories.......

With Mrs. B talking about how she is going to reduce her mileage this week in advance of Amsterdam, it is as much as I can do to generate any enthusiasm for the event at all. I will run but am really in no shape at all. Ran 9km this morning (44:50 mins) but the thought of having to run a further 12km next Sunday is not a nice one. If it was in 6 weeks time I may have been able to get ready for it. But it's not.

Anyway, a little statistic to keep me motivated. Since I bought my Garmin on May 14 2006 I have run a total of 571 km, at an average pace of 5:16 per km, have burnt 68,900 calories (thats' the good figure) and averaged 141 HR. Just thinking how much worse I'd feel today if I hadn't done all that. Add that to the 110 km I have done on the bike and I think I feel a lot better.

1 comment:

beanz said...

that is such a positive spin on the numbers

just enjoy next weekend