Monday, May 29, 2006

Would all Business Class passengers board at their leisure

OK so a 17km run yesterday in my New Balance 1221 and all is (nearly) forgiven. They are not as bad as my first review underneath suggested. Still a little bit tight and a small blister started to appear around 15km but the shoes are redeemed for the time being. And as for my new toy, then blimey, these Garmin 305's are damm good. I know they look a little bulky on the arm but what they don't do isn't worth doing! The best running gadget I have seen. The next development must be a microchip that sits neatly in your ear and just reads out your pace, time, HR etc...

NE and myself are still discussing whether to do NY and buy a place through one of those International travel agents. One of the key deciding factors will be whether the travel company flys with KLM or not. You see I am not prepared to fly back from NY economy class after having run halfway round Manhattan. I am prepared to put up with the dodgy hotels that these companies choose for you, even prepared to share a room (only with NE) however, call me fussy, but if the travel company flys KLM then we can use our airmiles to upgrade to business class. If not, then no go. I may be able to fly economy out to NY but coming back, knowing how ropey I felt after Chicago there is no way I am flying back in anything but business class. Anyway, it shouldn't be called Business class as I so rarely see people in it doing any business - it should be called Bedders Class, something for the discerning traveller. Soft pillows, fine wines, full English Breakfast on demand and nobody who snores allowed on.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That reminded me to sort out my upgrade, thank you very much.

I may be a spoilt cow but I will be a spoilt cow with very sore legs. And an attitude to match no doubt.

I will ask my brother about KLM. He's done the NY 2 years ago and is doing it again this year - he may know.

beanz said...

I think you need to upgrade going out too - so you arrive in better fettle


oh and I cabbed a steam engine once at Manchester Victoria, but sorry I don't know it's name