Friday, May 26, 2006

Anyone out there cabbed a Delta?

You know when you are becoming a nerd when you feel up for a debate on the merits of the New Balance 1221 v New Balance 857's. Sadly I have reached that point. Knowing that I feel an expert in this feels a little like declaring that I used to go trainspotting or even worse that I once went bird spotting. (But I have cabbed a Delta so anyone out there who wants to discuss the merits of the Delta v the 125 need look no further.........oh dear)

Anyway, now I have two shoes to compare then I am going to bore you and give you my "just had two glasses of wine" review.

New Balance 1221 - look good, feel narrow on the foot, good cushioning and feel pricey (if you know what I mean). However, not that comfortable and a tendancy to start rubbing on the foot arches. Blisters quite possible,

New balance 857 - less cushioning, not as soft as the foot hits the ground, but wider and no tendancy to rub. More of a stability shoe than cushioning but gets my vote over the 1221 and is considerably cheaper.

So after swearing blind never to use anything other than New Balance 1220 ( 1999 model) I declare the 857 my fav and therefore future marathon shoe.

BTW I wish it would stop raining. If UK is short of water then come over and set up a hose pipe here back to the UK and all your problems would be solved. We have water by the canal load.




6 comments:

beanz said...

er thank you but it's only them soft southerners without water

we have plenty thank you

Bedders said...

yes indeed. Sorry. Newcastle Brown on the cornflakes up north eh?

But it has to be said it has rained here for three days non stop so if you do want any just let me know.

Anonymous said...

South calling here...

Plenty of rain here; too much of it if you ask me. But too much of leaking pipes as well so it is not going to help.

beanz said...

ps I have no idea what cabbing a delta means!

125 are trains - but Deltas - sound morelike planes

planes, boats, trains ... there is a song in there somewhere

Bedders said...

sadly a Delta is a type of (old) train and when one is young, or was younger, getting into the cab of one of these things was a highlight....and a 125 was also a train. Oh dear... I can still remember it all!

Bedders said...

hey beanz I can't find your blog anymore - pl send url if you can