Wednesday, May 24, 2006

New York marathon but not this year

Have just received my email from the NY Marathon people and was told that I had not succeeded in getting a ballot place. I am not sure whether to be upset or pleased. One of the main reasons for doing it would be to complete one of the "top 5" marathons of which I NE and myself have already ran 3. On the other hand, do I really fancy a third summer of marathon training?

Probably not. So, let's move the goals. A half marathon Bedders-record-attempt in Amsterdam in October followed by another Flora London Marathon in April 2007.

That sounds better........

7 comments:

beanz said...

so not Abingdon then :<(

Bedders said...

...when is it? might be a suitable warm up for my record attempt?

beanz said...

22 October

Bedders said...

Amsterdam 15 october.....might be tight.

beanz said...

no probs - good warm up!

@GirishMallya said...

Thatz really sad. Why is it so difficult to be able to get an entry in the NY marathon? How many entries do they have for interntional participants? Isn't they a way to get yourself a special entry (the charitable contribution you were able to raise during FLM, or your completion time, or something else)..... worth a try?? what say...

Bedders said...

Girish - the thought of having to raise another couple of thousand euro/pouns/whatever so close after asking people for London makes it very difficult. GFA is 3:15:00 which is a little out of my reach. I'll just keep applying...