Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Quietly getting on with it

Lots of action but no blogging.

Swam 2.500m on Monday and went for a 50km cycle last night. The running fits in later today and that is about what I am doing. At least one discipline once a day and sometimes I am fitting in a swim in the early morning and a cycle/run in the evening. I was looking at the finishing time last night and I reckon if I start at 07.00 I may just finish around 22.15 (giving me 45 mins before the cut off). Quite a thought. Hotel is booked now just need to recruit a sherpa and get the travel organised. And do a bit more training.

Looks like there will be 70+ Pirates making the trip.

Am off to UK for a few days for work tomorrow but will stay over for the weekend and work on Monday. So am going OW swimming on Sunday morning in Datchet, trying out a few wet suits and then the weekend after I am going to the Ardennes to cycle up and down a few hills.

Not sure now if I can fit in the Amsterdam Marathon in October as I really need to get the mileage in on the bike. I will have to make a decision closer to the time and see how I feel.

I must be mad.


2 comments:

beanz said...

Miss it when you don't blog - I like to know the horse I am backing is still in training!
But better to train and not blog then vice versa.

Have a good break and keep up the good work.

PS nah don't do Amsterdam - they keep sending me emails - as if ......

Bedders said...

you desreve to do it and kick a***! went OW swimming today at Datchet. What a laugh!