Saturday, July 05, 2008

Nearly ready for next tri

Planning one or maybe two more tri's this summer. Next Sunday will be the first and maybe I will do another in Sept. Swiftly followed by Amsterdam marathon in October.

Swam 2,750m yesterday in about an hour then cycled another 30km later in the evening so I feel ready. I have also been running a bit - around 30km this week. All in all looking forward to being a Pirate again.

The big problem looks to be getting a starting slot at the IMCH as they seem to be offered and sold out in a matter of hours. I see that IDE sold out in less than 12 hours but last year IMA was done in 4! I am thinking of coming back to Holland late on Sunday evening, arriving home v late so that I have a reliable internet connection to try and register on Monday 14 July when IMCH opens. Must admit I didn't think it would be that difficult but it looks as if around 40 UK Pirates alone are going to do this - add in a few thousand Swiss and Germans and this thing may get booked up very quickly indeed.

3 comments:

beanz said...

good luck - don't want you falling at the first hurdle :>)

Bedders said...

Hell of an excuse though!

@GirishMallya said...

Hey great going. 2.5km in 54mins is a mind blowing effort. Am sure you will do well in your next tri, you have been preparing really hard.