Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A bit of this and a lot of that

I have decided that my cycling must improve. I reckon my swimming will be OK - did 1500m yesterday morning and was quite pleased even though I had a row with a Dutch octagenarian halfway down the pool on lap 48.......simply would not get out of the way.

So last night I cycled 65km - it took me just over 2:10. But this is Holland so very flat. The thought of doing that three times is a bit frightening. Still only like running 15km and thinking that a Marathon is tough I suppose.

Anyway, running tonight but I might also try and get out on the bike while the weather is good.

So a bit of swimming a bit of runing and lots of cycling needed I think before next July.

Looked at buying a MTB for the winter today - that was after I realised the price of a 2XU wetsuit was way above my very small budget. Oh well, I will have to get a paper-round to fund this IM.

6 comments:

WildWill said...

getting enough cycling in is always the problem (well it is for me)

I'd asay when you start uping the milage of your longer rides - always try and run off the bike - even if it is just foir 20mins - but build up to 1hr run off 5hr bikes

Bedders said...

good advice WW - thanks.

Anonymous said...

impressive open water swimming times over the weekend i must say!!

@GirishMallya said...

Great going. From what I hear, biking is 50% of the Tri. Is that true? My biggest fear is trying to run after a biking. Although its different set of leg muscles, it seems very difficult.

Bedders said...

ne - I nearly came and woke you up on my way to join me!

Bedders said...

girish from what I hear the whole lot seems to be very difficult and I am questioning my sanity as I write. I am told to cycle as much as poss as that is 180km of the tri (basically 7 hours in the saddle for me out of a possible 15 hours in total). Also I do not intend to run the whole marathon - a jog/walk strategy will do.....