Monday, July 14, 2008

Henley splits

Well not sure whether to give up now or pat myself on the back. Strange really as this tri thing depends so much on the course (unlike a run) that it is hard to know how well or how badly you have done. So here are the splits:

Swim: 7:52 PB 49th place out of 165
T1: 1:20
Bike: 55:11 81st place out of 165
T2: 1:32
Run: 26.50 109th place out of 165 (yuk!)

Total time: 1:30:33 placed 85 out of 164 (a few seconds seem to have been lost - no matter, makes no difference)

Now compared to Stratford that is a whole lot slower due to the fact that the bike and running courses were up and down hill and I know I only managed an average speed of 29.2km compared to 32+km in Stratford on the bike. But the the swim was much faster. Where was I in my age group?

Stratford 31st out of 87
Henley 11th out of 20

Could it be that I have already peaked? I think that what seems to have happened is that the course was harder but also there were lot less tri virgins running - most of the other guys seemed to have done this before (lots of IM tatts, Cannondale bikes and shaved legs) and compared to Stratford that was a big difference.

Anyway, far too much analysis. On to Switzerland.

3 comments:

beanz said...

the competitive world of tri I seem to remember rankings are done on the relationship between your time and the winners time - ie how much longer it took you!

Bedders said...

Bloody ages for both of them!

beanz said...

but as a percentage?