Thursday, September 11, 2008

Training goes to New York

Been working too hard to find time to blog - sad but true. Swimming and running going fine - cycling not getting the KMs in so must focus on that for the next week.

Last week I was in New York on business - so I was able to run 3 times in Central Park - fantastic. It has to be one of the nicest places on the planet (in a large city) to run. Lovely weather, loads of other runners - a pure joy.

Then in a moment of madness I decided on Sunday that I would do some cycling - in New York. I hired a mountain bike and cycled from South Central Park to Ground Zero. Just for a bit more excitment I took 5th Avenvue and Broadway all the way down. How I did not end up the exhaust of a few yellow cabs I will never know. It was fun but scary. However, the Americans were kind enough to lay on a bit of wind for me to make it like cycling here in Holland as the tail end of Hurricane Hana flew through the city just as I was pedalling my way south.

Was worth it as Ground Zero is such an iconic place now as when I was there just 4 weeks after the event 7 years ago.

I came back the scenic cycle path route by the river.

Back in Holland now and back to reality......swimming tomorrow morning. Least I don't have to get the wettie on. I have found a 50 metre indoor pool so will try that for a change.

4 comments:

beanz said...

phew good to see you back :>)

WildWill said...

Been working too hard ...

Pha!

;o)

Glad you had a good time

Bedders said...

Never really gone away. Well maybe about a month!

I know....I know....work and shopping.

Hope everyone else is struggling with the weather to get their cycling in as much as me

@GirishMallya said...

Running in Central park, NY and cycling to Ground zero. I don't think it gets any better... Am sure the change would have done you a world of good.