Sunday, August 17, 2008

Datchet again

Datchet was a great deal quieter yesterday as many who went a few weeks ago had been preparing for the London Tri. Still I was up with other crackpots at 06:30 diving in and swimming.

Surprised myself again swimming this time 2250m in exactly 45mins. The loop is a 750m out and back and so three of those in what was reasonably cold water in 45mins was very pleasing.

Bought a new wet suit - I look like an alien in it but it does seem to work. Pure neoprene. And it makes a huge difference.

So last week I ran, swam and cycled. In fact I swam 1500m on Thursday am and then cycled 85km that evening. I also ran 40km last week so pretty pleased.

4 comments:

beanz said...

Well swum

We need a picture!

Anonymous said...

TE & I started our swimming yesterday - every Mon & Wed evening at the Leisure Centre - did 500m & found it surprisingly tiring as opposed to running for the comparable time.
Amazed you are doing the distances you are with such ease!

WildWill said...

sounds like a good session - sounds like your well on your way

WildWill said...

good stuff sounds like its going well

... and a new westuit .... alright for some ;o)