Thursday, November 30, 2006

Curry, half a bottle of merlot and a 15km run

I could never be accused taking my training too seriously. Sometimes I wish I had the powers of others, but no. So, last Saturday night with friends over a fine curry and half a bottle of wine I agreed to run a local 15km race. Must be mad.

So arrived at 10.30, had the ubiquitous cup of coffee (tried to go to the loo but resorted to a couple of Immodium instead) and went to the start line. Looking for a sub 75 min 15 km on the basis that this was about as long as I thought I would last before I had to rush to the loo I finished in 73 mins. Probably a Bedders Short course record.

More impessive was the fact that I came in 6th place. Very proud I was too (but keeping it quiet that there were only 9 runners)

2 comments:

beanz said...

well run - you can only beat those who show up

@GirishMallya said...

73min for 15K is a damn good time.. keep up the good work.