Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Lack of blogging but no lack of running

OK,OK, I have not been at my blogging best recently. Thanks to those who have kept in touch by email etc.. you know who you are and I really appreciate it.

The running is back on schedule, however so is the eating and drinking, so it is a net:net for my body weight. Long runs are going well but would be a whole lot better if I could have just 2 hours when it didn't rain. I think I have been rained on at least 80% of the runs I have made in the last three weeks.

Last week I found myself running through a storm to get home and a bolt of lightening must have landed pretty close as I was sort of "blown" across the road a few metres. I didn't fall or anything but felt the power alright. Then someone who knows tells me that if it thunders etc again, just make yourself small and curl up - don't stand under a tree etc.. Yeah sure, so I don't get hit by lightening but get run over by a driver who thinks I am a kind of large, very wet, hedgehog?

My advice is just to run like hell, as fast as you can, back home.


2 comments:

beanz said...

so long as you are doing your long runs, as Hal would say

I remember being exhilarated while walking through a thunderstorm last summer and everyone else was hidign from the rain .....
and then afterwards thinking about the fact that I had been walking alongside a building surrounded by scaffolding - and me a physicist too :>)

sue said...

I love thunderstorms me! One of my best memories of being out in a storm was on horseback on top of a mountain. We both enjoyed it so much. Ok it may not have been the most sensible thing to do, especially as there were electricity pylons marching across the mountain, but who needs to be sensible all the time ;0)