Monday, June 25, 2007

A patchy start

Being three days last week in Bucharest did not help but I managed all but one run last week - and this weekend had two very good if not-so-slow long runs. Not slow because I was trying to get out and back before I got soaked. Saturday I failed in my attempt to keep dry and ended up practically swimming home.

This week is another challenge as I am once again travelling but so be it. I am determined not to run on the hotel running machines as I reckon I have had more injuries running on those than is normal.

3 comments:

sue said...

My sport therapist says that dreadmills cause more injuries than they prevent, we had a discussion about this a week or so ago. We think it may be because of the restrictions imposed (sideways as well as the obvious forward one). I guess that most hotels have quite narrow and even short dreadmills which could make that even worse.

Good luck with your travels

@GirishMallya said...

And I always thought that treadmills were safer and better than running on the roads.

Are all treadmills bad, or the just the hotel ones as they try to cut corners with such infrequently used equipment? But what about the impact resistance, cushioning and other features in a treadmill, it ability to improve once overall running speed, maintaining consistent speed, etc.

The only drawback I see with running on a treadmill, is that its boring if one tries to run anything more than 30mins.

beanz said...

I have run on good treadmills - Life fitness ones at David Lloyd seem pretty solid - and I too have given up in hotels as they seem to choose cheap and nasty ones that rock and roll - and make me feel travel sick!

Hope you get home for you long run at least!