Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Keep on running

Wasn't there a song called Keep on running? Anyway, I am now 4 weeks into the Hal Higdon training plan and have missed only a couple of sessions. Ran a cracking 21 km on Sunday as the time flew - I was thinking about goodness knows what but I can hardly remember much of the run apart from the fact it took me 1:55 and I felt fine.

Off to France for a week's holiday later this morning. The schedule is bound to take a bit of a battering but balanced with swimming and the like I should be able to keep up the fitness levels.

I have to be totally honest and say that after running Rotterdam in April I feel that I may give marathoning a break after Amsterdam - by a break I mean the training becomes so monotonous that I may need a new challenge. I am still planning to run New York in Nov 08 but I need something to do between October 07 and then. I have an idea but won't distract myself yet.

4 comments:

beanz said...

wooohoo a good training half already

:>))

@GirishMallya said...

How about a triathlon or a ultramarathon? I am contemplating about doing a 80km run in December. Best wishes for your training. Am sure the holiday will be a welcome break. Enjoy.

sue said...

I guess triathlon may be the next challenge for you!

Enjoy the training for this though.

beanz said...

so did you keep on running or swimming or ....... ?