Sunday, September 02, 2012

Warm up

Two weeks to go to Challenge Henley and I have got the instructions about when and when to rack up, start times, parking, chip collection, etc and frankly cannot understand a word of it.  Nevermind. Follow the person in front of me that should do it.

Final full weekend of preparation involved 99km cycle yesterday and a 1:19:49 16km Vlietloop here in Voorschoten. Quite pleased as my time in 2006 when I was running a bit more seriously was only 1:19:29, Did not decide to run it until an hour before the start so maybe that is the key. Lull my body into a false sense of security. 

Actually on the basis that I could hardly walk when I got up this morning due to my increasingly bad back I am very pleased. Post Henley will focus on sorting back out and reducing the training dramatically.      

Still eating and drinking for England, nevertheless roll on Challenge Henley.

No comments: