Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Milestones

On the basis that if I am not careful this blog will just end up as a very boring record of my training, I am going to keep the posts down to milestones on the way to IMCH.

Having cycled around 180km last week - in three bursts, today's milestone was that I swam 3.300m (132 lengths). The time of 1:15:31 was slightly irrelevant but what was a bit special was that I did this before 08:30.

Feeling remarkably fine afterwards I decided that I could have swam another 500m and that would have been IM distance. I really think my swimming is not a problem.

It's getting bike time that will be tricky. So as to not allow for any winter excuses I picked up my mountain bike last week and I am now set.

Saw my beautiful girls last night and a pic of them will appear here later - If I can get the camera off KT.

1 comment:

@GirishMallya said...

That sounds really good. 3.3 in 1hr 15mins is very good. I take about 29mins for 1km, which means 2hrs for Ironman distance. What is a good time to do the swim of 2hrs?

What are the cut off times, like the bare minimum for swim, cycling, running, to fit the race in the overall cutoff time. Just like you I am very comfortable with the 4km swim and full marathon, 180km cycling sounds dreadful.

Also do different ironmans have different cut off times? As my biggest concern area will be to finish it in allotted time, more than actually completing the ironman distance.